World Chefs: Gluten-free cookbook for tasty meals
Aug 2, 2011, 3:01 a.m.
4 (8-inch) gluten-free tortillas
Butter-flavored cooking spray
2 (4 1/2 inch) Portobello caps, chopped
2 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette (check for gluten)
1 cup canned no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
Fresh salsa (optional) (Check for Gluten)
Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
1. Stack tortillas; microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Leave in microwave to keep warm while preparing filling.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms; saute 2 minutes or until tender. Add vinaigrette, beans, and pimiento; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring constantly. Mash bean mixture slightly with a potato masher.
3. Spoon about 1/3 cup bean mixture onto each tortilla. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and onions. Fold tortillas in half.
4. Wipe skillet with paper towels; heat over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cheese melts. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges. Serve immediately with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
- Foreigner is sort of showing its modern-rock appeal by touring with Kid ...
- Grandview Terrace Health and Rehabilitation by Sun Health is transforming an existing ...
- When U.S. Marine Corps serviceman Victor Pinzon returned from his tour of ...
- The elevator rises; my stomach drops. Zooming upward at 15 miles an ...
- Thousands of books will be available for purchase during the Friends of ...