Tips for hosting a card game night
Dec 5, 2011, 8:40 a.m.
Hosting a card game night can be a fun way to spend time with your friends and even get to know new people, as well. But if you're new to hosting game nights, you might be a bit overwhelmed at the prospect of organizing everything and making sure the competitive atmosphere doesn't ruin the fun. What follows are five tips to ace your first card game night:
Make an invitation list. Plan your guest list carefully ahead of time and get people to RSVP so you know who will be there on the night. This ensures that you have the right number of guests to play and have the proper provisions prepared.
Set up ahead of time. Make sure you have a large, well lit table with enough comfortable chairs for all of your guests to sit on.
Provide refreshments. Stock up on some beverages and light, non-messy snacks for your guests. Some guests might have allergies or other dietary concerns, so try to accommodate them as much as possible for a successful night.
Keep the games simple and be clear about the rules. Unless everybody is a skilled card player, choose games that are relatively simple and that everybody knows. Keep a rulebook on hand so you can refer to it in the event of disputes.
Keep the stakes low. If you're playing for money, put a limit on the stakes. If you really have the urge to play for big bucks, plan a weekend in Vegas, where high stakes are the name of the game.
Content Provided by Spot55.com
- When shopping for the right walk-in tub company to handle your Arizona ...
- March 23, 2010, is a date that will live in infamy.
- One of the most interesting real estate concepts in recent years is ...
- The American Lung Association recently published the State of the Air Report, ...
- Last year, financial analysts observed a strange but encouraging phenomenon on opposite ...