The part-time retiree: Top 10 part-time jobs to keep you spry and sprightly
Dec 22, 2011, 6 a.m.
For many, retirement stinks. But there's nothing that says just because you've retired, you can't work local part time jobs to keep you on your feet and moving. Here's a quick list of the top 10 best part time job opportunities for retirees:
- If you're a sports lover, there are jobs to be had tending to and working at local ballparks.
- Not so big on sports? Movie theaters are a great place to find local part time jobs that also come with fringe benefits: free movies.
- Book lovers can find rewarding part time job opportunities by applying at local bookstores. What's better than being paid to be around books all day?
- If you're handy and you've got your own tools, you can offer fix-it services to people who don't have the ability or the time to do it themselves.
- Working retail may not sound like the best of the local part time jobs , but it can earn you discounts on clothing.
- Enjoy being social? A job at the local supermarket gives you plenty of opportunity to gab with your neighbors while keeping on your feet.
- To keep your mind sharp, consider freelance consulting. Why let all that knowledge you spent a career accumulating go to waste?
- If you miss having the grandkids around, you can get your kiddie fix by offering daycare or babysitting services.
- Pursue a passion. If you've always wanted to make a difference, take advantage of part time job opportunities at a favorite charity or nonprofit.
- Volunteer for the Peace Corps. It's never too late, and there are plenty of opportunities.
Content Provided by Spot55.com
- “One person...Six questions” is a continuing series of columns about Tucson-area residents ...
- My nightmare is always the same.
- It’s the top fitness program for older adults, but SilverSneakers is still ...
- Recently, my family and I saw the Disney movie, “Tomorrowland.”