Jun 22, 2011, 10:05 p.m.
Sarah Palin says jury duty comes before bus tour
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) - Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin said on Wednesday she was pausing her "One Nation" bus tour to answer the call of jury duty and denied media reports her much-hyped multi-state jaunt had been cut short. "The next leg of the tour continues when the time comes," she said in a message posted on Facebook. "In the meantime, no one should jump to conclusions -- certainly not the media with their long track record of getting things wrong or just making things up."
House panel OKs covered bonds bill
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A House of Representatives panel on Wednesday approved a bill designed to create a market for covered bonds, instruments that offer banks a way to raise money for new mortgages, while providing investors more options for highly rated securities. The House Financial Services Committee approved the bill by on a largely bipartisan 45-7 vote.
House OKs speed-up of Arctic oil/gas permitting
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The House of Representatives passed legislation on Wednesday that would speed up approvals for drilling in the Arctic by removing regulatory hurdles that have stymied development of the area's vast oil and gas resources. The Republican-controlled House voted 253 to 166 in favor of the bill, which would require the Environmental Protection Agency to approve or deny applications to drill on the outer continental shelf within six months.
- When shopping for the right walk-in tub company to handle your Arizona ...
- March 23, 2010, is a date that will live in infamy.
- One of the most interesting real estate concepts in recent years is ...
- The American Lung Association recently published the State of the Air Report, ...
- Last year, financial analysts observed a strange but encouraging phenomenon on opposite ...