Clear Channel promotes Pittman to CEO
Oct 2, 2011, 5:16 p.m.
(Reuters) - U.S. radio and advertising company Clear Channel Media Holdings said on Sunday it had promoted Bob Pittman to the position of chief executive officer.
Pittman, a well-known media executive and investor, has been Clear Channel's chairman of media and entertainment platforms since November 2010, the company said in a statement.
Pittman will also join the board of Clear Channel and its subsidiary Clear Channel Communications. He will become executive chairman of advertising unit Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings.
Pittman, 57, has been CEO of MTV Networks, AOL Networks, Six Flags Theme Parks, Quantum Media, Century 21 Real Estate, and Time Warner Enterprises. He was also COO of America Online Inc and AOL Time Warner.
He will remain a member of New York-based investment firm Pilot Group.
(Reporting by Michael Erman in New York; Editing by Dale Hudson)
- Cypress HomeCare Solutions is hiring caregivers.
- The 2016 Spring Tempe Festival of the Arts is gearing up to ...
- Calling from his vacation home in Telluride, Colorado, Peter Yarrow is raspy ...
- Separated from her family’s Jewish faith, Kate Marks felt alone when her ...
- The Palm Springs Desert resorts and San Diego have long been vacation ...