Younger skin without the botox
Oct 12, 2011, 2:29 p.m.
Spent too many summers outside without any sunscreen? Wish you could make those fine lines and wrinkles disappear? It’s never too late to undo the damage and enjoy a smooth, healthy glow. Follow these 10 steps to turn back the clock without the Botox.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliation speeds skin turnover, letting your younger skin shine through by scrubbing off dead, dull skin.
- Get a healthy glow. Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, naturally found in fish oils, walnuts and canola oil, help your cells retain water for firmer skin. Add flax seed oil to your diet to fight wrinkles and erase fine lines.
- Cover up. Even if you eschewed sunscreen when you were younger, it’s never too late to add it to your skin care regimen. Select a moisturizer that is rated at least SPF 30, or opt for SPF 45+ if you are fair-skinned.
- Hydrate. Face creams and lotions can’t mask the effects of dehydration forever. Drink at least eight, eight-ounce glasses of water each day. And kick the caffeine habit; caffeine dehydrates skin, leaving it wrinkly, dry and flaky.
- Zap dark circles. Nothing ages us faster than dark circles under our eyes. A skin cream that contains Vitamins A and K can zap these circles and even reduce the appearance of bruises.
- Repair damaged skin. Stop dry, flaky skin in its tracks by eating a diet rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C, found in citrus fruits, mangos, leafy greens and bell peppers.
- Retrain your facial expressions. Unconscious facial expressions can lead to an explosion of fine lines. Practice maintaining a neutral expression during daily activities, like reading and typing on the computer.
- Battle sun exposure. Vitamins C and E are essential to combating the aging effects of UV rays and free radicals. Supplement your diet with Vitamin E (400mg) and Vitamin C (500 to 1,000mg).
- Say no to sugar. Refined sugars cause premature aging through a process known a glycation, leading to wrinkly, dull and spotted skin.
- Go green. A daily cup of green tea can help fight inflammation and rejuvenate skin cells for a healthy glow.
Content Provided by Spot55.com
- When shopping for the right walk-in tub company to handle your Arizona ...
- March 23, 2010, is a date that will live in infamy.
- One of the most interesting real estate concepts in recent years is ...
- The American Lung Association recently published the State of the Air Report, ...
- Last year, financial analysts observed a strange but encouraging phenomenon on opposite ...