Katia strengthens to Category 3 major hurricane
Sep 5, 2011, 1:44 p.m.
MIAMI (Reuters) - Hurricane Katia strengthened to a Category 3 storm on Monday, carrying winds of 115 miles per hour (185 km per hour) as it tracked northwestwards on a path between Bermuda and the Caribbean, the National Hurricane Center said.
Katia was now a "major" hurricane on the five-category Saffir-Simpson scale of intensity. Forecasters expect the hurricane to veer away from the east coast later this week and then head northeastwards out to the open sea.
(Reporting by Pascal Fletcher)
- MIAMI (Reuters) - Hurricane Katia strengthened rapidly over the open Atlantic on ...
- When shopping for the right walk-in tub company to handle your Arizona ...
- March 23, 2010, is a date that will live in infamy.
- One of the most interesting real estate concepts in recent years is ...
- The American Lung Association recently published the State of the Air Report, ...
- Last year, financial analysts observed a strange but encouraging phenomenon on opposite ...