Katia strengthens to Category 3 major hurricane
Sep 5, 2011, 1:44 p.m.
MIAMI (Reuters) - Hurricane Katia strengthened to a Category 3 storm on Monday, carrying winds of 115 miles per hour (185 km per hour) as it tracked northwestwards on a path between Bermuda and the Caribbean, the National Hurricane Center said.
Katia was now a "major" hurricane on the five-category Saffir-Simpson scale of intensity. Forecasters expect the hurricane to veer away from the east coast later this week and then head northeastwards out to the open sea.
(Reporting by Pascal Fletcher)
- MIAMI (Reuters) - Hurricane Katia strengthened rapidly over the open Atlantic on ...
- Cypress HomeCare Solutions is hiring caregivers.
- The 2016 Spring Tempe Festival of the Arts is gearing up to ...
- Calling from his vacation home in Telluride, Colorado, Peter Yarrow is raspy ...
- Separated from her family’s Jewish faith, Kate Marks felt alone when her ...
- The Palm Springs Desert resorts and San Diego have long been vacation ...