Katia strengthens to Category 3 major hurricane
Sep 5, 2011, 1:44 p.m.
MIAMI (Reuters) - Hurricane Katia strengthened to a Category 3 storm on Monday, carrying winds of 115 miles per hour (185 km per hour) as it tracked northwestwards on a path between Bermuda and the Caribbean, the National Hurricane Center said.
Katia was now a "major" hurricane on the five-category Saffir-Simpson scale of intensity. Forecasters expect the hurricane to veer away from the east coast later this week and then head northeastwards out to the open sea.
(Reporting by Pascal Fletcher)
- MIAMI (Reuters) - Hurricane Katia strengthened rapidly over the open Atlantic on ...
- Floyd and Linda Cotton have been doing a lot of new clothes ...
- Our fridge went rogue the other day.
- I have a Phoenix Union High School yearbook, “The Phoenician,” from 1924 ...
- About 10 years ago, Scottsdale resident and businessman Steven Lazar got fed ...