Sep 5, 2011, 8:13 p.m.
Blondie spreads "Panic" to fans
NEW YORK (Reuters) - In more than 30 years since smash hit song "Heart of Glass" took Blondie from new wave upstarts to mainstream stars, frontwoman Deborah Harry has transformed herself many times, younger members have joined the band and albums have gone from vinyl to digital. Still, the band's newest new wave is unmistakably Blondie.
Actress Paltrow learns of 9/11 "Sliding Doors" moment
VENICE, Italy (Reuters) - Gwyneth Paltrow has received a letter from a woman who believes the actress may have inadvertently saved her life on the day of the attacks on New York nearly 10 years ago. As the United States prepares to mark the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, Paltrow told Reuters she was more closely involved in the events than she had known at the time.
Italian opera tenor Licitra dies after accident
MILAN (Reuters) - Salvatore Licitra, a leading Italian opera tenor seen as an artistic heir to the late Luciano Pavarotti, died Monday from head injuries suffered in a scooter accident last month, a statement on his website said. Licitra, 43, fell and hit his head when he lost control of his scooter late on August 27 near the Sicilian city of Ragusa.
Arab Spring influence closes out Edinburgh Festival
EDINBURGH (Reuters) - Classic Arabian folk tales brimming with the modern influence of the Arab Spring sweeping North Africa and the Middle East closed out the 2011 Edinburgh International Festival. Erotic, tragic, hilarious, romantic, the stories from the cities, souks and courtyards contained in "Alf layla wa-layla" - the Thousand-And-One Nights - played to enthusiastic audiences as the three-week festival drew to a close at the weekend.
- Irish actor Fassbender tipped for Venice glory
- "The Help" hangs on to box office crown
- When Bud Forrest created the stage show “In the Mood” 21 years ...
- One out of every six health care dollars is spent on treating ...
- In searching for investment options, would you rather have—high return or low ...
- In their early 70s, Koert and Rebecca Smith were looking to make ...
- At age 74, singer-songwriter Paul Williams is in better shape than he ...