Sep 5, 2011, 8:13 p.m.
Blondie spreads "Panic" to fans
NEW YORK (Reuters) - In more than 30 years since smash hit song "Heart of Glass" took Blondie from new wave upstarts to mainstream stars, frontwoman Deborah Harry has transformed herself many times, younger members have joined the band and albums have gone from vinyl to digital. Still, the band's newest new wave is unmistakably Blondie.
Actress Paltrow learns of 9/11 "Sliding Doors" moment
VENICE, Italy (Reuters) - Gwyneth Paltrow has received a letter from a woman who believes the actress may have inadvertently saved her life on the day of the attacks on New York nearly 10 years ago. As the United States prepares to mark the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, Paltrow told Reuters she was more closely involved in the events than she had known at the time.
Italian opera tenor Licitra dies after accident
MILAN (Reuters) - Salvatore Licitra, a leading Italian opera tenor seen as an artistic heir to the late Luciano Pavarotti, died Monday from head injuries suffered in a scooter accident last month, a statement on his website said. Licitra, 43, fell and hit his head when he lost control of his scooter late on August 27 near the Sicilian city of Ragusa.
Arab Spring influence closes out Edinburgh Festival
EDINBURGH (Reuters) - Classic Arabian folk tales brimming with the modern influence of the Arab Spring sweeping North Africa and the Middle East closed out the 2011 Edinburgh International Festival. Erotic, tragic, hilarious, romantic, the stories from the cities, souks and courtyards contained in "Alf layla wa-layla" - the Thousand-And-One Nights - played to enthusiastic audiences as the three-week festival drew to a close at the weekend.
- Irish actor Fassbender tipped for Venice glory
- "The Help" hangs on to box office crown
- Foreigner is sort of showing its modern-rock appeal by touring with Kid ...
- Grandview Terrace Health and Rehabilitation by Sun Health is transforming an existing ...
- When U.S. Marine Corps serviceman Victor Pinzon returned from his tour of ...
- The elevator rises; my stomach drops. Zooming upward at 15 miles an ...
- Thousands of books will be available for purchase during the Friends of ...