Sep 6, 2011, 10:09 p.m.
New York's Met loses James Levine to back injury
NEW YORK (Reuters) - James Levine, the music director for the Metropolitan Opera in New York, will be unable to conduct performances for the rest of the year because of a back injury, the organization said on Tuesday. Levine fell and injured himself while on vacation in Vermont last week, according to the opera house.
Telluride film fest concludes, Clooney honored
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Telluride Film Festival wrapped up on Monday after a long weekend of screenings, seminars and other programs, with George Clooney and Tilda Swinton receiving top honors. The 38th annual festival in the Colorado ski resort town saw Alexander Payne's "The Descendants" win a rapturous reception, with star George Clooney on hand to discuss the comic drama being released in November.
Aldean, Shelton, Swift come up big at CMAs
NASHVILLE, Tenn (Reuters) - Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Blake Shelton and Taylor Swift led with five nominations each for the Country Music Association awards on Tuesday, and will compete for the genre's top prize. Paisley and Carrie Underwood will host the annual CMA Awards for the fourth time on November 9, with the show to be broadcast live on ABC from Nashville's Bridgestone Arena.
- When shopping for the right walk-in tub company to handle your Arizona ...
- March 23, 2010, is a date that will live in infamy.
- One of the most interesting real estate concepts in recent years is ...
- The American Lung Association recently published the State of the Air Report, ...
- Last year, financial analysts observed a strange but encouraging phenomenon on opposite ...