Sep 6, 2011, 11:16 p.m.
Apple to open first Hong Kong store this quarter
SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Apple Inc said on Tuesday it will open its first Hong Kong retail store this quarter and is targeting another Shanghai store opening by the end of the year. Apple, which has four stores on mainland China, will open its Hong Kong store in the International Finance Center this quarter, said Carolyn Wu, a Beijing-based Apple spokeswoman.
Amazon reworks website before offering new tablet
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc is rolling out a major redesign of its familiar website as it prepares to offer a new $250 tablet device to rival Apple Inc's iPad. The changes in Amazon's online store "practically scream 'tablet-optimized'," TechCrunch blogger Sarah Perez wrote over the weekend after her site reported seeing a prototype of the company's new device.
HP exec says PC unit spinoff "best value"
BEIJING (Reuters) - A spin-off of Hewlett-Packard Co's PC unit would be the best value for shareholders, according to the head of its PC division, who added that tablet computing was "relevant" to the future market for any spinoff. HP stunned markets two weeks ago, when it announced it may shed its PC business -- the world's largest after the $25 billion acquisition of Compaq in 2002 -- as part of a wrenching series of moves away from the consumer market. Those included killing off the TouchPad tablet computer in the face of stiff competition from Apple Inc..
- When shopping for the right walk-in tub company to handle your Arizona ...
- March 23, 2010, is a date that will live in infamy.
- One of the most interesting real estate concepts in recent years is ...
- The American Lung Association recently published the State of the Air Report, ...
- Last year, financial analysts observed a strange but encouraging phenomenon on opposite ...