Brad Pitt calls life with Aniston uninteresting
Sep 15, 2011, 5:27 p.m.
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Brad Pitt does not sing the praises of ex-wife Jennifer Aniston in a new magazine interview. In fact, he describes their former marriage as kind of a drag.
The 47-year-old Pitt said in a profile by Parade magazine posted on the publication's website on Thursday that he is now a "satisfied man" in his relationship with Angelina Jolie.
The "Moneyball" star compares his new life with Jolie, with whom he is raising 6 kids, favorably to the roughly five years he spent married to Aniston.
"It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn't living an interesting life myself," Pitt told Parade.
"I think that my marriage (to Aniston) had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't," he added.
Pitt and "Friends" star Aniston were married in 2000, and he has largely avoided talking about his ex-wife since their 2005 divorce.
In the magazine interview, Pitt also said he spent the 1990s "trying to hide out" from celebrity. "I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out," he said in the interview.
Although Pitt and Oscar winner Jolie have been together for over five years, the actor has said they will not marry until gay marriage is widely legalized. He is sticking to that.
"We'll get married when everyone can," Pitt told Parade.
The Parade interview with Pitt, who stars in the upcoming baseball drama "Moneyball," is being published in this Sunday's edition of the magazine.
(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis: Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)
- Brad Pitt calls life with Aniston uninteresting
- Brad Pitt says thoughts on Aniston misunderstood
- Foreigner is sort of showing its modern-rock appeal by touring with Kid ...
- Grandview Terrace Health and Rehabilitation by Sun Health is transforming an existing ...
- When U.S. Marine Corps serviceman Victor Pinzon returned from his tour of ...
- The elevator rises; my stomach drops. Zooming upward at 15 miles an ...
- Thousands of books will be available for purchase during the Friends of ...