Sep 15, 2011, 11:55 p.m.
Exhausted Djokovic could miss Davis Cup opener
BELGRADE, Sept 15 (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic is not certain to play Friday's opening singles rubber in Serbia's Davis Cup semi-final against Argentina in the Belgrade Arena, the world number one said on Thursday. Djokovic, who won his first U.S. Open title in New York on Monday, arrived in Belgrade on Thursday and went straight to the venue to practice after missing the draw which pitted him against David Nalbandian in the first match.
Sabres defenseman Myers agrees to seven-year extension
(Reuters) - Buffalo Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers has agreed to a seven-year contract extension, the National Hockey League (NHL) team said on Thursday. Financial terms of the contract were not disclosed but several reports said Myers, who won the Calder Trophy as rookie of the year for the 2009-10 NHL season, will earn $38.5 million over the length of the deal.
Football fans face another new NFL rule: the enhanced pat-down
(Reuters) - In the first week of the 2011 NFL season, football fans were asked to get used to the league's controversial new rule on kickoffs, introduced to reduce player injuries. In Week Two, which begins on Saturday, many surprised fans will get their first introduction to another potentially controversial rule imposed by the league with safety in mind: the enhanced pat-down.
- A three day celebration of arts, entertainment and libations will bring nearly ...
- I expect Seattle’s Pike Market to be colorful, crowded and caffeinated, as ...
- Did you know the average person consumes an estimated at 150 pounds ...
- Melissa Etheridge has never felt so free.
- After 40-plus years in the music business, folk singer John McCutcheon still ...