Sep 15, 2011, 11:55 p.m.
Exhausted Djokovic could miss Davis Cup opener
BELGRADE, Sept 15 (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic is not certain to play Friday's opening singles rubber in Serbia's Davis Cup semi-final against Argentina in the Belgrade Arena, the world number one said on Thursday. Djokovic, who won his first U.S. Open title in New York on Monday, arrived in Belgrade on Thursday and went straight to the venue to practice after missing the draw which pitted him against David Nalbandian in the first match.
Sabres defenseman Myers agrees to seven-year extension
(Reuters) - Buffalo Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers has agreed to a seven-year contract extension, the National Hockey League (NHL) team said on Thursday. Financial terms of the contract were not disclosed but several reports said Myers, who won the Calder Trophy as rookie of the year for the 2009-10 NHL season, will earn $38.5 million over the length of the deal.
Football fans face another new NFL rule: the enhanced pat-down
(Reuters) - In the first week of the 2011 NFL season, football fans were asked to get used to the league's controversial new rule on kickoffs, introduced to reduce player injuries. In Week Two, which begins on Saturday, many surprised fans will get their first introduction to another potentially controversial rule imposed by the league with safety in mind: the enhanced pat-down.
- Cypress HomeCare Solutions is hiring caregivers.
- The 2016 Spring Tempe Festival of the Arts is gearing up to ...
- Calling from his vacation home in Telluride, Colorado, Peter Yarrow is raspy ...
- Separated from her family’s Jewish faith, Kate Marks felt alone when her ...
- The Palm Springs Desert resorts and San Diego have long been vacation ...