Things to do and see in Yellowstone National Park
Aug 3, 2012, 8:18 a.m.
More than 3.3 million people visit Yellowstone National Park each year. The 2.2 million-acre park, which straddles Wyoming, Montana and Idaho, was America's first national park. The vast park offers a myriad of things to see and do, including wildlife viewing, outdoor sports and exploring the park's unique geological features. If you're headed to Yellowstone National Park this summer, below are just a few of the things you won't want to miss:
- Old Faithful. Everyone's what to see in Yellowstone list needs to include Old Faithful. The world's most famous geyser spews water vapor more than 100 feet in the air and, true to its name, repeats every hour to 90 minutes like clockwork.
- Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Not all of America's scenic canyons are located in the southwest. Yellowstone's Grand Canyon is 20 miles long, about a half-mile wide and, at its deepest, around 1,000 feet deep. This scenic gorge is one of the park's most popular attractions and offers a number of hiking trails, in all skill levels. Of particular interest is Yellowstone Falls and the canyon's golden cliffs.
- Mammoth Hot Springs. Another of Yellowstone's many natural wonders, Mammoth Hot Springs is a vast expanse of hot springs. Located on a hill, the boiling and cooling of the water over more than a 1,000 years has formed terrace-like plateaus. Microscopic animals and algae living in the basins have turned individual springs bright red and gold. The combination is breath-taking and other-worldly.
So, pack your sunscreen, binoculars and hiking shoes. Yellowstone is one of America's "must-see" attractions. If you haven't been, why not make Yellowstone your vacation destination this summer?
Content Provided by Spot55.com
- When shopping for the right walk-in tub company to handle your Arizona ...
- March 23, 2010, is a date that will live in infamy.
- One of the most interesting real estate concepts in recent years is ...
- The American Lung Association recently published the State of the Air Report, ...
- Last year, financial analysts observed a strange but encouraging phenomenon on opposite ...