Tips on choosing stylish and protective sunglasses
Jul 6, 2012, 8:16 a.m.
Sunglasses have been part of every women's summer uniform ever since Jackie O popularized over-sized shades in the 1960s. However, summer eyewear needs to be more than just stylish. As we age, our eyes lose their elasticity and take longer to adjust to the bright sunlight. When you're shopping for new sunglasses this season, make sure that you look for protective eyewear as well as stylish eyewear. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Lens color doesn't matter. Light, tinted lenses can provide just as much UV protection as dark-colored lenses.
- Pick polarized lenses for glare. If glare is a problem for you, choose polarized lenses. These help to reduce glare.
- Consider wrap-around glasses. Not only do wrap-around sunglasses look stylish, but they help protect sunlight from your peripheral vision. This style of glasses is also well-suited for active sports.
- Add a hat. A stylish hat, particularly one with a wide brim, helps your sunglasses do their job by blocking the sun from above. Wearing a hat in the sun also helps protect your skin.
Don't leave home this summer without your sunglasses. And, make sure that you have eyewear that not only look nice, but help keep your eyes safe from the sun's rays.
Content Provided by Spot55.com
- For Creedence Clearwater Revisited drummer Doug Clifford, playing in the Valley is ...
- “One person...Six questions” is a continuing series of columns about Tucson-area residents ...
- My nightmare is always the same.