Are you being spammed to death? How to cut out the junk email noise
Jul 20, 2012, 8:47 a.m.
It doesn't take long for email boxes to get cluttered with junk content. Unsolicited advertising is one of the primary curses of electronic communication. Options for ending junk email noise include spam blockers, anti-spam email programs and government-backed opt-out programs.
The following three tips will help you cut down on the unwanted email overload.
1) DMAchoice anti-spam email control options
Contact the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) out of Carmel, NY. The Email Preference Service (eMPS) helps consumers reduce the quantity of undesirable commercial emails. Just logon, register for free and then opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial email.
2) Avoid fraudulent email: Learn from the FTC
The Federal Trade Commission helps consumers spot, stop and avoid fraudulent businesses practices. Spam email is often a criminal attempt to gain access to a user's financial details. If you have a complaint, take it to the FTC. While there, read up on matters concerning email authentication . For quick connections, call toll-free 1-877-382-4375.
3) Install recommended spam blockers
National Internet Service Providers understand the need for intelligent spam blockers. Most email programs contain various methods for monitoring, anticipating and reducing email spam. However, once the email pathways are opened to unsolicited senders, consumers may need some additional help ending the problem.
This is when anti-spam email programs come into play. Whereas spam blockers strive to filter junk entries out of the incoming email, anti-spam email programs work to filter in real email.
All of these issues are addressed in the July 2007, FTC Spam Summit report. Take time to learn from the experts.
Content Provided by Spot55.com
- (Reuters) - A proposed update of the U.S. online privacy rule for ...
- Calling from his vacation home in Telluride, Colorado, Peter Yarrow is raspy ...
- Separated from her family’s Jewish faith, Kate Marks felt alone when her ...
- The Palm Springs Desert resorts and San Diego have long been vacation ...
- We’ve all experienced the death of someone close to us, and a ...
- Living with pets can bring healthful benefits for older adults. But are ...