Showing your best face: Photo taking tips for your dating site profile
May 21, 2012, 8:28 a.m.
Your profile picture is an easy spot to get hung up on when putting together an online profile. Here are a few portrait photo tips that will help you put your best face forward:
Smiling isn't always necessary
Common wisdom says to smile when taking a photo, especially when it's for a dating site, but a flirty look works well for women while studies show that man with a more serious look in photos tend to be found more attractive for one reason or another. Smiling is fine, but it's not the only expression that works.
You don't even have to show your face
A shot from behind as you gaze at the sunset, a long shot of your last surfing trip, anything that shows what you're into and where you've been can be a more effective profile photo than just showing your face. Sharing your interests is more important in the long run, so why wouldn't you?
Feel free to take the photo yourself
Self-shot pictures actually tend to get more interest than professionally shot photos in these dating profiles. However, you will want to use a real camera and not simply your cell phone, unless your phone has a really great camera built into it. Avoid flash, too, as it creates a really harsh, unattractive light.
These digital photo tips should get you off to a good start. Just remember to be inventive and take a photo you like and it should be easy.
Content Provided by Spot55.com
- When shopping for the right walk-in tub company to handle your Arizona ...
- March 23, 2010, is a date that will live in infamy.
- One of the most interesting real estate concepts in recent years is ...
- The American Lung Association recently published the State of the Air Report, ...
- Last year, financial analysts observed a strange but encouraging phenomenon on opposite ...