Showing your best face: Photo taking tips for your dating site profile
May 21, 2012, 8:28 a.m.
Your profile picture is an easy spot to get hung up on when putting together an online profile. Here are a few portrait photo tips that will help you put your best face forward:
Smiling isn't always necessary
Common wisdom says to smile when taking a photo, especially when it's for a dating site, but a flirty look works well for women while studies show that man with a more serious look in photos tend to be found more attractive for one reason or another. Smiling is fine, but it's not the only expression that works.
You don't even have to show your face
A shot from behind as you gaze at the sunset, a long shot of your last surfing trip, anything that shows what you're into and where you've been can be a more effective profile photo than just showing your face. Sharing your interests is more important in the long run, so why wouldn't you?
Feel free to take the photo yourself
Self-shot pictures actually tend to get more interest than professionally shot photos in these dating profiles. However, you will want to use a real camera and not simply your cell phone, unless your phone has a really great camera built into it. Avoid flash, too, as it creates a really harsh, unattractive light.
These digital photo tips should get you off to a good start. Just remember to be inventive and take a photo you like and it should be easy.
Content Provided by Spot55.com
- Foreigner is sort of showing its modern-rock appeal by touring with Kid ...
- Grandview Terrace Health and Rehabilitation by Sun Health is transforming an existing ...
- When U.S. Marine Corps serviceman Victor Pinzon returned from his tour of ...
- The elevator rises; my stomach drops. Zooming upward at 15 miles an ...
- Thousands of books will be available for purchase during the Friends of ...