Sun protection tips
May 21, 2012, 8:31 a.m.
Women seeking healthy lifestyles will be in direct sunlight at times and should use sun protection products to really get the best benefit from any sun exposure. Sun safety tips are important in view of the fact that there is scientific proof that harmful UVA and UVB rays from the sun can cause wrinkles and skin cancer.
Before you even venture out for sunbathing or swimming, take a few moments to assess your individual potential risk for harm from sun rays. Consider your ancestry, the type of skin you have inherited and if there has been any skin cancer among relatives. If so, chances are you may have the same risks and should be extra cautious with exposure to direct sunlight. Genetic studies show that regardless of skin pigmentation or shade, if there is a family history of skin cancer, all descendants can be at risk.
Remember these sun safety tips at any age:
- Protect the skin physically by keeping it out of direct sunlight.
- Be reasonable when sunbathing; use a timer if necessary so you are not overexposed.
- If you must sunbathe, use proven and safe products that contain zinc oxide.
- Work with your physician on a regular basis to test levels of Vitamin D.
Protecting the skin means wearing protective clothing to shield your skin from harmful sun rays. Wear hats and clothing that cover most of the skin area. New clothing material is designed specifically to protect skin from sun rays.
Products that contain zinc oxide are the most effective sun blockers. It is not a chemical that will penetrate into the skin and does not break down in storage. Use on facial areas as well as other body regions. Use lip balm to protect delicate lip tissue. Limit exposure to sun rays to about 5 minutes daily a few days per week; this should get you enough natural vitamin D. Enjoy outdoor activities from a shady location.
Always consult your doctor about the impact of sunlight on your own skin, or if you are concerned about skin spots, any wrinkles, or other skin blemishes. Take sun safety tips seriously and use sun protection products regularly so you do not burn, and remember that sun rays do their worst damage during mid-day hours.
Content Provided by Spot55.com
- When shopping for the right walk-in tub company to handle your Arizona ...
- March 23, 2010, is a date that will live in infamy.
- One of the most interesting real estate concepts in recent years is ...
- The American Lung Association recently published the State of the Air Report, ...
- Last year, financial analysts observed a strange but encouraging phenomenon on opposite ...