How to pig out and stay slim: Exploring delicious, lean recipes
Nov 7, 2012, 10:36 a.m.
How to pig out and stay slim depends upon how your define "pig out." Wildly exceeding the FDA-recommended 2000 calorie intake per day leads most people to overweight and obesity.
However many healthy eating authorities and programs recommend eating as many as six times per day! Would you call that pigging out?
Of course, the secret to staying slim all depends upon what you eat every few hours. Generally, if you balance the carbohydrates and protein you consume and keep your caloric intake below the FDA-recommended 2,000 calories, most people will stay slim and trim. If you cut your daily caloric intake below about 1,500 it's likely you'll lose weight.
The Internet is a convenient source for finding healthy foods that are easy to make and family friendly recipes. A quick search for "healthy recipes" returns dozens of quality web sites with easy-to-make meals.
Here's a quick lunch time veggie tortilla roll-up you're sure to enjoy.
- One 8 or10-inch low carb tortilla
- One outer leaf of romaine lettuce
- One 1/4 inch slice from a large tomato
- One 1/2 inch slice from a large onion
- Jalapeno - about 1/2 of a large jalapeno, sliced
- Haas avocado -- about 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 TBPS mayonnaise spread across the tortilla
- Canned salmon -- 3 oz
- Sprinkles of grated Parmesan cheese
Spread mayo across the tortilla, cover it with romaine lettuce and add the ingredients. You'll get about 18 grams of carbohydrate, 21 grams of protein and about 430 calories. Roll it up like a burrito and enjoy!
Content Provided by Spot55.com
- Foreigner is sort of showing its modern-rock appeal by touring with Kid ...
- Grandview Terrace Health and Rehabilitation by Sun Health is transforming an existing ...
- When U.S. Marine Corps serviceman Victor Pinzon returned from his tour of ...
- The elevator rises; my stomach drops. Zooming upward at 15 miles an ...
- Thousands of books will be available for purchase during the Friends of ...