Three things that can happen if you cheap out on airline tickets
Nov 16, 2012, 8:43 a.m.
We all try to get the best deal possible when making a purchase, but the old adage "you get what you pay for" does hold some truth, especially when it comes to buying cheap airline tickets.
Although it may be tempting to click on the internet ad that promises the absolute lowest priced airfare to exactly the place you want to go, on the very day you want to go there; sometimes it is better to go with the tried, true, and trusted methods instead of taking a risk on getting a "so called" deal on cheap airline tickets.
Not all cheap airline tickets are a bad deal. If you know when and where you want to go and plan well in advance, there are some great deals to be had. You just have to be sure that you read all of the fine print and be aware of everything it does (and does not) include. If you are willing to forego certain perks, privileges, and conveniences that typically are not available with cheap airline tickets to keep some of your hard earned cash in your pocket, this may be the way for you to fly.
Here are a few downfalls that may be a condition of your discounted airfare. To avoid any loss or unexpected surprises, be sure to read all of the terms and conditions before you make the purchase.
- Costly hidden airline fees -- According to ABC.com, some low cost carriers tack on extra hidden airline fees including outlandish baggage charges, passenger usage fees, and of course the obligatory government fees or taxes. All of these hidden airline fees can add an extra hundred dollars to your "cheap ticket."
- Too many connections -- Discount airfares are usually not direct flights and typically include a lot of connecting flights with long layovers that can vary from 2 to 12 hours.
- No refunds or changes -- A major downfall when purchasing cheap airline tickets is that they are typically non-refundable. In addition, rarely are you allowed to make any changes at all including date of travel and itinerary -- even if you miss the flight due to an unforeseen emergency.
Content Provided by Spot55.com
- “Commitment” is a word that resonates with the members of the musical ...
- REO Speedwagon vocalist Kevin Cronin knows his band is “required” to play ...
- Crowned in late March, Jessica Klebanow has yet to wrap her head ...
- From helping with hearing and managing diabetes to training at the gym ...
- The drums pounded and so did my heart. Five Maori warriors moved ...