Earn and relax: How to make sure your money market funds are safe
Oct 3, 2012, 2:30 p.m.
In today's economy, a savvy investor has to be on top of their financial planning to ensure that their investment strategies are secure and their money is safe. The last thing you need to have to stress about is whether or not your nest egg is secure. The good news is that if you have your savings invested in money market funds, you probably have very little to worry about.
The reality of the situation is that money market funds are designed to be low risk investment strategies and are good options to consider during financial planning. These funds are regulated and are legally allowed only to invest in certificates of deposit, government bonds, and other types of securities. Though known to be relatively low risk investment strategies, the downside is that they are not FDIC insured, like money in your bank would be.
According to CNBC.com and Mark Germain founder of Beacon Wealth Management, money market funds are extremely safe investment strategies for individual investors. In fact, if there were an indication that there was trouble brewing in the markets, the funds holdings are so short term that investors would have enough time to react to avoid a financial disaster.
Talk to your financial planner about investment strategies utilizing money market funds for a stress free way to safeguard your nest egg today.
Content Provided by Spot55.com
- When shopping for the right walk-in tub company to handle your Arizona ...
- March 23, 2010, is a date that will live in infamy.
- One of the most interesting real estate concepts in recent years is ...
- The American Lung Association recently published the State of the Air Report, ...
- Last year, financial analysts observed a strange but encouraging phenomenon on opposite ...