Foodie alert: Check out these top 5 cheap NYC restaurants
Sep 10, 2012, 9:14 a.m.
If you find yourself in the Big Apple with a big appetite, but not such a big wallet, don't worry because you are smack dab in the middle of one of the best places to find good (and cheap) eats in the entire world.
When we think of New York City tourism opportunities, you have to admit that eating some of the food the city is famous for does come to mind. What you may not realize is that you can get some of the most delicious cheap food in New York City without breaking the bank.
Here are some ideas for some great places to get some good, cheap food in New York City that will fill your belly without emptying your wallet. NY Magazine and Urban Spoon suggest these budget friendly eats.
5 great inexpensive NYC restaurants
- Souvlaki GR -- Some of the best Greek food you will ever eat is at this NYC Mediterranean style eatery. Choose the delicious pork and chicken souvlaki for a true treat.
- Mamoun's Falafel -- Located in the heart of Greenwich Village and featured in the book "1000 Places to See Before You Die", Mamoun's is known for having the best Falafel in NYC.
- Smashburger - This burger joint is becoming popular all over the US for their smashed burgers and the NYC location is no exception. Try the Brooklyn Burger with Swiss and pastrami on a pretzel bun.
- Pommes Frites -- This specialty shop serves authentic Belgium fries with exotic toppings such as Wasabi Mayo, Rosemary Garlic Mayo, Smoked Eggplant Mayo, and more.
- Corner Bistro -- Known as the last bohemian bar in Greenwich Village, Corner Bistro serves up great burgers and appetizers that all the locals love.
Bon appétit and many good eats during your visit to the Big Apple!
Content Provided by Spot55.com
- When Bud Forrest created the stage show “In the Mood” 21 years ...
- One out of every six health care dollars is spent on treating ...
- In searching for investment options, would you rather have—high return or low ...
- In their early 70s, Koert and Rebecca Smith were looking to make ...
- At age 74, singer-songwriter Paul Williams is in better shape than he ...