By Lin Sue Flood
Hospice of the Valley
Director of Community Engagement
Enjoy a beautiful evening out while supporting a wonderful cause at Hospice of the Valley’s signature fundraiser: aaha! art. food. wine. In 45 years, no one in need of care has been turned away by the not-for-profit agency, and that is largely due to community generosity.
“We are grateful to local businesses and individuals whose donations make this event so unique and special,” says Debbie Shumway, executive director of Hospice of the Valley.
“This year, we are focusing on families who are caring for a loved one with dementia, raising funds for programs that we provide at no charge in the community and at our new Dementia Care and Education Campus.”
Tickets are available for the March 11 gala at the JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn. Guests can bid on fine art, unique wines, dining experiences, dreamy getaways and exciting trips, including a luxury excursion to Spain. The benefit event features spectacular silent and live auctions, raffle prizes (including diamond earrings and a Ralph Lauren suede crossbody bag), an elegant dinner and lively dancing to The Hamptons.
Here’s a peek at this year’s fabulous live auction items:
• Explore the charm of Madrid and Seville in a six-night stay that includes luxury boutique hotels, gourmet meals, tours and day trips, shopping, cooking classes and flamenco dancing at a tapas and dinner show.
• Food and wine lovers will savor an evening with one of the Valley’s most well-known and beloved chefs. Mark Tarbell is cooking up something special for an intimate group of friends, pairing exquisite cuisine with exceptional wines.
• A private jet transports you to exclusive Triple Creek Ranch, high in the Rocky Mountains of Montana, for a three-night stay. The tranquil escape includes horseback riding, mountain bike riding, fly fishing, archery, sapphire panning and guided yoga.
• Hop on a Bell 429 helicopter and land outside your sky-view cabin at Castle Hot Springs, Arizona’s famous luxury and wellness retreat. Unplug from the world; relax in the hot spring’s magical powers; and try fun activities like a farm tour, garden workshop, horseback riding, wine tastings and mixology classes.
• Art lovers will adore a brilliant-white enamelwork horse sculpture by Arizona artist Carl Dahl. The piece, “Justified,” stands proud and regal, a study in elegant simplicity.
• Artist Elaine G. Coffee’s “The Mysteries of Art” is a sophisticated glimpse into everyday life that captures people enjoying a leisurely afternoon, immersed in the masterpieces at The Met.
• Delight in nature’s beauty with artist Scott Christensen’s stunning painting “Seasonal Golds in Jackson.” The colorful landscape beckons the nature lover in all of us.
aaha! art. food. wine.
WHEN: 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday, March 11
WHERE: JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, 5402 E. Lincoln Drive, Phoenix
COST: Tickets start at $300
INFO: hov.org, firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-636-5314