By Christina Fuoco-Karasinski
Firebirds is known for its steaks and chicken, but it has an extensive bar with creative mixologists. For the summer, it has a slate of refreshing drinks to help us cool down in the summer.
The restaurant, which has locations Gilbert, Chandler, Peoria and Tucson, shared the secrets behind their blackberry margarita and summer sparkler.
• 1 ounce Blackberry Puree Syrup
• 4 ounces sour mix (Firebirds makes its own fresh in house, but sour mix is available at local grocery stores)
• 1/2 ounce nonalcoholic triple sec
• 1-1/2 ounces Espolon Blanco tequila
• Lime for garnish
Measure all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and add a generous scoop of ice. Cover and shake 25 times. Fill a frosted mixing glass with fresh ice. Using a strainer, strain the shaken mix over the fresh ice. Garnish with a lime wheel. Cheers!
• 1-1/2 ounces Bedlam Vodka
• 1 ounce Cointreau
• 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
• 1 ounce cranberry juice
• 2 ounces La Marca prosecco
• Orange peel as a garnish
Measure and pour all ingredients into a mixing glass, except for the prosecco. Fill glass half full of ice, cap with a mixing tin and shake 25 times. Strain into a champagne flute, top with 2 ounces LaMarca prosecco. Garnish with orange peel twist.